IMDG Code training became mandatory from 1 January 2010 for all shore-side staff involved in dangerous goods transport by sea.
Shore side staff that require IMDG Code training include shippers and forwarders, container packers and consolidators, shipping line operations and booking staff, stevedores, port staff and cargo surveyors.
IMDG Code e-learning is a cost-effective training course for shore side staff involved in dangerous goods handling and transport by sea. It was developed in collaboration with the International Maritime Organization and is used by 9 of the top 10 container lines.
The following Amendment 38-16 courses are available:
Refresher Course – provides a recap of the main IMDG Code provisions and includes an update on the latest Amendment for personnel who have already been trained online, or in the classroom, and have previous knowledge of the IMDG Code’s provisions. The price is GBP 77 for the first ten courses with a discount for 11 courses or more.
Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness – this is a multimodal course for personnel who need a familiarisation with dangerous goods transport regulations and an awareness of the duties that arise from them. It covers the general awareness training requirements in the IMDG Code, ADR Regulations and RID Regulations and also gives an overview of air transport provisions.
The course is ideal for warehouse personnel, clerical workers, administrators, managers, customer service and/or sales personnel and others who have a very limited direct involvement in dangerous goods shipping or transport activities but need a general appreciation of the regulations.. The price is GBP 57 each for the first ten courses with a discount for 11 courses or more.
Role-related function specific courses (GBP 82 each for the first ten, multiple copy discount for 11 or more):-
· IMDG Code Standard – training for general shipping personnel such as booking office staff, administrators, customer support and office personnel who require a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code and dangerous goods shipping requirements
· IMDG Code Consignor/Freight Forwarder – training for personnel with a management, supervisory and/or safety/compliance role for a company involved in dangerous goods consignment operations e.g. shipper or freight forwarder
· IMDG Code Packer/Cargo Handler – training for those who pack dangerous goods and/or are involved in loading/unloading cargo transport units
· IMDG Code Ship Loader – training for personnel responsible for and/or directly involved in ship loading/unloading operations
· IMDG Code Ship Operator – training for personnel responsible for and/or involved with managing the operations of a vessel carrying dangerous goods
Advanced course – for those requiring detailed training on all the main aspects of the IMDG Code (GBP 97 each for the first ten, multiple copy discount for 11 or more).
Please fill in the form below for a quotation or further information with type and number of courses required. The courses are open book. IMDG Code access either in book or digital format is required to attend these courses.
We can offer digital IMDG Code access with the courses for GBP 35. This allows the students to automatically hyperlink to the relevant part of the IMDG Code from their course screens. Where there are 29 students or more requiring IMDG Code access we can provide a quotation.