Question asked by many is
- Whether UN 3077, ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, SOLID, N.O.S. & UN 3082 ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S. can only be used for marine pollutants?
- or Why there is no letter P in dangerous goods list identifying these entries as marine pollutant?
- If a substance meet the provisions of section 2.9.3, of IMDG Code, then it is a marine pollutant
- If a substance do not meet the provisions of section 2.9.3, of IMDG Code, but transported under 3077 or 3082 then it is not a marine pollutant.
- If a substance is identified as marine pollutant by IMDG Code but no longer meets the provisions of classification as per section 2.9.3, of IMDG Code, then it can be transported as non-marine pollutant with the approval of competent authority.
- Basel waste which does not meet any criteria of IMDG Code can also be transported under UN 3077 or 3082