At Saran district in Bihar, India, free lunch served at a school caused more than 22 deaths and many children battling for life in hospital. Initial investigation reveals use of empty insecticide container for measuring cooking oil and in the store-room foodstuffs and vegetables lying aside insecticide containers.
This gross negligence at the part of whoever responsible had caused such a heart breaking tragedy putting off young lives.
- 22 children die after eating school lunch in India (sfgate.com)
- Insecticide suspected as 22 children die, many ill after free meal in Indian school (vancouverdesi.com)
- School lunches tainted with poison kill 22 children (wtvr.com)
- Photos: At least 22 children dead after eating contaminated lunches in India (photos.denverpost.com)
- 22 children dead after eating school meals in Indian village (edition.cnn.com)
- Twenty-two dead after school meal (bigpondnews.com)
- Insecticide tainted food kills two dozen schoolkids in Bihar state, India (theglobaldispatch.com)
- School meals tainted with poison kill 22 children in India (fox4kc.com)
- India Ink: 21 Children Die From Poisoned Lunches at Indian School (india.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Tainted meal sickens Indian schoolchildren, 22 die (sfgate.com)