When we submit Dangerous Goods bookings to Shipping lines, directly or through forwarders, sometimes they reject the booking stating one or more reasons. This is to make sure no container will go on bard without compliance to IMDG Code, Port regulations and carrying vessels safety. To know more reasons for rejection visit Dangerous Goods – Rejection by Shipping Lines
What reasons you have received for rejection of your dangerous goods bookings by ocean Carrier?
Please complete below Poll for understanding same. Once the poll is closed I will analyze the result and publish compliance guidance to same.
If you have reasons not listed please add same in comment.
Why Ocean Carrier rejected your Dangerous Goods Booking?
- Missing/Wrong Technical Name (14%, 6 Votes)
- Port does not accept (12%, 5 Votes)
- Wrong Packing details (12%, 5 Votes)
- Segregation needed between goods (12%, 5 Votes)
- Prohibited Cargo (10%, 4 Votes)
- Special documents such as analysis report or competent authority approval needed (10%, 4 Votes)
- Flash Point and Packing Group not matching (10%, 4 Votes)
- Not Allowed in Reefer (7%, 3 Votes)
- Import/Export permit required (7%, 3 Votes)
- Missing/Wrong Flash Point (7%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 11