Paint or Paint removers or strippers may contain corrosive substances and other chemicals including slight oxidizers or flammable liquids.
Paint and paint related materials having corrosive properties must be listed under any of the below UN numbers according to the properties of the specific product by using classification criteria of chapter 2 of IMDG Code.
- UN 3066 Class 8 PAINT
- UN 3066 Class 8 PAINT RELATED MATERIAL
- UN 3469 Class 3/8 PAINT, FLAMMABLE, CORROSIVE
- UN 3469 Class 3/8 PAINT RELATED MATERIAL, FLAMMABLE, CORROSIVE
- UN 3470 Class 8/3 PAINT, CORROSIVE, FLAMMABLE
- UN 3470 Class 8/3 PAINT RELATED MATERIAL CORROSIVE, FLAMMABLE
Paint or Paint related materials having only flammable property must be declared under
- UN 1263 Class 3 PAINT or
- UN 1263 Class 3 PAINT RELATED MATERIAL
- Dave’s WW of EU: Flammable, inflammable, non-flammable (daveloveless.wordpress.com)